De volgende tekst is afkomstig van de website van Jeroen Cats www.cats-citroen.net1967 August 8
, the Dyane is presentated to the press.
September 22nd 1967, Dealer introduction1968 January:
- Dyane introduction, using the engine from the Ami6.
- Dyane4 introduction, replaces the 425cc engine with the new 435cc engine and specially designed gearbox..
- Heater controls moved from the dashboard shelf to the bottom of the dashboard heating cover..
- Inner wing gets a hole for letting out hot air from the engine when the heater is turned off..
- Ashtray in the dashboard..
- Security windscreen is fitted..
- Steel valvecovers replace the alloy ones..
- Modified camshaft, pushrods and camshaft followers on the 602cc engine.
- Cardboard heater tubes for the Dyane6.
- Spring on the rear brakes replaced by U shaped rod.
- Modified gearbox on the Dyane6.
- The Dyane6 gets the modern AK2 602cc engine similar in design to the 435cc of the Dyane4.
- Plastic doorpanels are now black instead of white on the Berline Luxe/Comfort and Commerciale Luxe/Comfort.
- Different wire mesh in the air intake on the bonnet.
- Rear door handles modified.
- The export models get soft rubber covering fo the steering colum controls unit.
- Seats/Bench are no longer on a seperate frame but directly fitted into the seatrunners.
- Oilpump and ignition modification on all types.
- Indication lights for high beam and indicator.
- Choke and starter get square knobs to replace the round rubber ones.
- The knob for the bonnet opening mechanism is replaced by a steel rod.
- Front springs increased in diameter.
- Production of the Dyane6 with M4 engine and Dyane4 Comfort is ceased.
- Paperclips on the rear bumper no longer available.
- Third sidescreen fitted on all models.
- Grille with different wire mesh.
- Charge light is replaced with a Volt meter, rest of the lights moved to the top dash (12V cars only).
- The cable operated starter is replaced by a fully electric one, operated with a red starter button on the dash.
- Windscreen washer footpump is modified.
- On the cheaper models the hooks on the bench are replaced by the normal seatrunner system.
- Steeringlock standard on all models.
- 12V dynamo replaced with alternator.
- Rear light is modified.
- Ball on the gearshift lever replaces egg shaped knob on all cars.
- Bonnet closing mechanism is modofied.
- The fully steel tubular steeringwheel is discontinued.
- Dyane6 gets an external oilfilter.
- AM2 32bhp Ami8 engine and gearbox (with drum brakes) fitted.
- Black plastic steeringwheel is replaced by a blue/grey one as is the dashboard.
- Dyane4 also gets the electrical starter.
- Crankshaft mounted 6Volts starter is discontinued.
- Fuellevel sender unit is modified.
- 4.5mm brakelines are replaced with 3.5mm ones, the rear brake hoses are repleced by spring shaped brake lines in the rear axle tube.
- White upholstery on parcelshelf is now black.
- Rear parcel shelf is now available.
- Handle on the bootlid is modified.
- At the front the inner wings are secured to the chassi with rubber holders and no longer with steel U shape ones.
- Rearview mirror is modified.
- Engine supports on the 435cc are modifed so the same chassis can be sued with both 435cc and 602cc.
- Shaft on brake and clutch pedals is increased in diameter to 12mm.
- Two extra pushbutton fittings for the roof.
- Exterior rearview mirror is standard in France.
- on the rear suspension arms the batteurs are no longer fitted.
- Soundproof padding on the inside of the bonnet.
- Exterior mirror is replaced by the fold away type.
- Throttle pedal is modified.
- The cables for the heater controls are secured by clamps replacing the plates and nuts.
- Doorhinges are moved an get increased diameter pins.
- Bonnet hinge secured with 2 bolts instead of 3.
- Metal doorhandles which point up are replaced by plastic ones pointing down.
- Bridge over the fueltank fitted.
- Round suspension pull-rod eyes are replaced by 5 edge ones.
- Bonnet hinge is welded to the bonnet.
- Doorrubbers are no longer white/black but fully black.
- Starter is integrated into the steering/ignitionlock.
- Rubber for the rear light is modified.
- Brown dash replaces black one, one spoke soft coated steeringwheel.
- Switch for the windscreen wipers is now square and fitted next to the ashtray.
- Mastercylinder and operating pin modified.
- Chokeknob is moved to below the gearlever.
- Ashtray increases in size.
- Sticker on the bootlid is replaced by aluminium plate.
- Parkinglightswitch is discontinued.
- Voltage regulator is fitted to the battery.
- 125 15 X tyres replace the 125 X 380.
- Teeth on the flywheelbelt are no longer straight edged.
- Increased area under the pushrod/ooil-return tube rubbers.
- Black wiperarms.
- Teeth on the flywheelbelt hardened.
- The gray bumpers are replaced by stainless steel ones.
- The stainless steel grille is replaced by a gray plastic one.
- The rear bumper is made thicker.
- There is a black plastic strip on the bumpers.
- Armrests on the doorpanels.
- Choke knob is now plastic.
- The black plastic trim on the bumpers is replaced by black tape.
- Double action braking circuit with 2 glass fluid containers mounted on the firewall.
- Frotteurs on the front removed.
- Telescopic shockabsorbers allround.
- Steeringwheel is reduced in diameter from 430 to 390mm.
- Steering reduction modified.
- 3 point seatbelts fitted.
- Dyane4 is discontinued.
- carburettor is modified.
- Steering is modified on the Dyane6.
- The rubber strips on the bumpers are replaced with balck tape.
- Push button replaces turning handle on the bootlid.
- Dashboard is now black.
- Dual circuit master cylinder, plastic brakefluid resevoir with level indication.
- Low level indicator light and light testing button.
- Stainless steel trim above the number plate is no longer fitted.
- Double valve spring replaced by a single valve spring.
- Light on the fornt indicators is modified.
- Speedo has even numbers up to 140km/h.
- Dyane Caban, limited edition of 1500 cars.
- Disc brakes at the front.
- Throttle is operated by a cable.
- Automatic roll-up seatbelts at the front.
- Steel airfilterhousing is replaced with a black plastic one.
- The tubular battery support is replaced by a wire one.
- Spare wheel support is replaced by a rod between the front wings.
- Disc brakes replace drum brakes at the front.
- Grey grille and doorhandles are replaced by black ones.
- The pushrod / oil-return pipe rubbers are modified.
- The cables for the heater controls are secured by plates and nuts replacing the clamps.
- Brakelines with Citroën connections replacing the ISO connections.
- Safetybelts at the rear.
- Standing accelerator pedal replaced by hanging pedal.
- Handbrake lever is moved.
- Headlight housing and chrome cover are now plastic.
- A plastic 25 liter fueltank replaces the 20 liter steel one.
- Seperate front seats are now standard instead of optional.
- Rear view mirror with day and night position.
- Serial number now placed on the right chassis leg under the cylinderhead.
- Dashboard completely encloses the windscreen wiper engine.
- Windscreen wiper motor is modified.
- Windscreenwiper connection modified
- 3 finger clutch is replaced by the diafragm clutch.
- Metallic grey painted bumpers replace the stainless steel ones.
- Air scoop on the bonnet is removed, inlet on the bonnet is modified.
- THE END! the production of the Dyane is stopped.The Dyane has lost the race with the car it should have replaced, the 2cv.